Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ketut Wati, Songan, Bali

Sponsored for Education through INTERNATIONAL HUMANITY FOUNDATION (BALI CENTER)



Ketut Wati lives with her father and 3 sisters in Songan - Bangli, Bali. Her mother is deceased. Her father is a farmer and works hard to feed his daughters. Ketut Wati attends Primary School. She walks 2 km to and from school each day. She attends our English Class held each Sunday. She enjoys playing and studying.

FIRST LETTER, APRIL 2011

 KETUT WATI HOLDING HER LETTER, APRIL 2011

KETUT WATI HOLDING HER LETTER, JUNE 2011


KETUT WATI HOLDING HER LAST LETTER TO ME, JULY 2011

 
Post the visit in May 2011, IHF Indonesia has decided to close its operation in Songan. It was sad to say goodbye to Ketut Wati, as it means that I will no longer be her sponsor and that I will no longer be able to get in touch with her. 
Many times since then, I have her face flashing in my mind wondering how she is, wondering how her village is now. I do hope that they will be alright. I do hope that the last few months of IHF's work in Songan Village has made a bit of difference for all their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment